Tongayi Mwedzi is a conservation ecologist based in the Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation at Chinhoyi University of Technology. He holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree specialising in Eco-hydrology from Chinhoyi University of Technology and a BSc. (Hons) degree in Forest Resources and Wildlife Management from the National University of Science and Technology. Tongayi has special interests in bio-monitoring eco-hydrology, environmental pollution, environmental management and climate change in which he has authored and co-authored a number of papers in international peer-review journals. He is also well experienced and networked in ornithology in which he has worked with National Museums and Monuments of Zimbabwe.
- Dalu, T., Wasserman, R.J., Magoro, M.L., Mwedzi, T., Froneman, P.W., Weyl, O.L.F., 2017. Variation partitioning of benthic diatom community matrices: Effects of multiple variables on benthic diatom communities in an Austral temperate river system. Science of the Total Environment601–602 pp. 73–82
- Dalu T, Wasserman RJ, Tonkin J.D., Mwedzi T, Magoro M.L., Weyl O.L. (2017) Water or sediment? Partitioning the role of water column and sediment chemistry as drivers of macroinvertebrate communities in an austral South African stream. Science of The Total Environment 607: 317-325
- Mwedzi, T., Bere, T., Siziba, N., Mangadze, T. and Bangira, C., 2016. Longitudinal macroinvertebrate assemblages in contrasting discontinuities: the effects of damming in tropical streams.African Journal of Ecology54 (2), pp. 183-194.
- Mwedzi, T., Bere, T. and Mangadze, T., 2016. Macroinvertebrate assemblages in agricultural, mining, and urban tropical streams: implications for conservation and management.Environmental Science and Pollution Research 23(11), pp.1-12.
- Mwedzi, T., Katiyo, L., Mugabe, F.T., Bere, T., Bangira, C., Mangadze, T. and Kupika, O.L., 2016. A spatial assessment of stream-flow characteristics and hydrologic alterations, post dam construction in the Manyame catchment, Zimbabwe.Water SA, 42(2), pp.194-202.
- Mwedzi, T., Makwiranzou, C. Bere, T., Mugabe F.T. , 2016. Influence of dam induced changes in stream flow on macroinvertebrate assemblages in a tropical Manyame catchment in Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe Journal of Technological Sciences 2016 (2), pp 70-89.
- Mangadze, T., Bere, T. and Mwedzi, T., 2016. Choice of biota in stream assessment and monitoring programs in tropical streams: A comparison of diatoms, macroinvertebrates and fish.Ecological Indicators, 63, pp.128-143.
- Bere, T., Dalu, T. and Mwedzi, T., 2016. Detecting the impact of heavy metal contaminated sediment on benthic macroinvertebrate communities in tropical streams.Science of The Total Environment, 572, pp.147-156.
- Bere, T., Chiyangwa, G. and Mwedzi, T., 2016. Effects of land-use changes on benthic macroinvertebrate assemblages in the tropical Umfurudzi River, Zimbabwe.African Journal of Aquatic Science, 41(3), pp.353-357.
- Bere, T., Mangadze, T. and Mwedzi, T., 2016. Variation partitioning of diatom species data matrices: Understanding the influence of multiple factors on benthic diatom communities in tropical streams.Science of The Total Environment, 566, pp.1604-1613.
- Utete, B., and Mwedzi, T. Availability of hollow bearing trees and their utilization by small animals in Cawston Ranch, Zimbabwe. African Journal of Ecology51, pp 295–299.
- Bere, T., Mangadze, T. and Mwedzi, T. 2014. The application and testing of diatom- based indices of stream water quality in Chinhoyi town, Zimbabwe. Water SA 40 (3), 503-512
- Mangadze, T., Bere, T., and Mwedzi, T. Epilithic diatom flora in contrasting land-use settings in tropical streams, Manyame Catchment, Zimbabwe. Hydrobiologia 753, pp163-173
- Dalu, T., Wasserman, R. J., Magoro, M. L., Mwedzi, T., Froneman, P. W., & Weyl, O. L. (2017). Variation partitioning of benthic diatom community matrices: Effects of multiple variables on benthic diatom communities in an Austral temperate river system. Science of The Total Environment, 601, 73-82.
- Dalu, T., Wasserman, R. J., Tonkin, J. D., Mwedzi, T., Magoro, M. L., & Weyl, O. L. F. (2017). Water or sediment? Partitioning the role of water column and sediment chemistry as drivers of macroinvertebrate communities in an austral South African stream. The Science of the total environment, 607, 317.
- Kupika, O.L., Utete, B., Mwedzi, T., Chibememe, G., Mapingure, C., Muzari, W. M., and Danha, C., (2013) Climate change and variability as perceived by river dependent rural communities in Makonde District, Chinhoyi Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe Journal of Technological Sciences.