Mr T. Tarakini
Tawanda is a lecturer, researcher and the attachment co-ordinator in the department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation. He has keen interests in ornithology, entomology, and herpetology specialising in behaviour, invasion biology and wetland ecology.
Tarakini is a PhD student working on waterbirds communities in Hwange National Park (Zimbabwe). As such he is currently working on a number of projects in Ornithology. He is also an active member of Birdlife Zimbabwe and the African Bird Club.
- MUBOKO, N., GANDIWA, E., MUPOSHI, V. & TARAKINI, T. 2016. Illegal hunting and protected areas: Tourist perceptions on wild animal poisoning in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe. Tourism Management, 52, 170-172.
- MUBOKO, N., MUPOSHI, V., TARAKINI, T., GANDIWA, E., VENGESAYI, S. & MAKUWE, E. 2014. Cyanide poisoning and African elephant mortality in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe: a preliminary assessment. Pachyderm, 92-94.
- PAYS, O., BLANCHARD, P., VALEIX, M., CHAMAILLÉ-JAMMES, S., DUNCAN, P., PÉRIQUET, S., LOMBARD, M., NCUBE, G., TARAKINI, T., MAKUWE, E. & FRITZ, H. 2012. Detecting predators and locating competitors while foraging: an experimental study of a medium-sized herbivore in an African savanna. Oecologia, 169, 419-30.
- TARAKINI, T. & BASTIEN, M. 2012. Host-Parasite Interactions between Birds and Feather Mites. International Journal of Super Species Research, 2, 1-6.
- TARAKINI, T., CHIKEREMA, F. & MUPOSHI, V. 2014a. Activity Budgets and Time Treatments of Lion (Panthera leo) Cubs under Human Imprinting at Antelope Park, Gweru, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Molecular Ecology and Conservation, 4.
- TARAKINI, T., CROSMARY, W.-G., FRITZ, H. & MUNDY, P. 2014b. Flight behavioural responses to sport hunting by two African herbivores. South African Journal of Wildlife Research, 44, 76-83.
- VICTOR KURAUWONE, M., JUSTICE, M., BEVEN, U., OLGA, K., SIMON, C. & TARAKINI, T. 2013. Activity Budgets of Impala (Aepyceros melampus) in Closed Environments: The Mukuvisi Woodland Experience, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Biodiversity, 2013, 1-8.
- KUSHATA, J., PÉRIQUET, S., TARAKINI, T., MUZAMBA, M., MAFUWA, B., LOVERIDGE, A., MACDONALD, D., FRITZ, H. & VALEIX, M. 2017. Drivers of diurnal rest site selection by spotted hyaenas. Journal of Zoology.
- MWEDZI, T., ZIMUNYA, T. G., BERE, T., TARAKINI, T. & MANGADZE, T. 2017. Disentangling and ranking the influence of multiple stressors on macroinvertebrate communities in a tropical river system. International Review of Hydrobiology, 102, 1-11.