Mr B. Utete
Beaven Utete is a PhD candidate in Fisheries Science, Climate Research and Aquatic Conservation in the Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation at the Chinhoyi University of Technology in Zimbabwe. He had his post masters fellowship in the Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Management at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria, under the Climate Impact Research Capacity and Leadership Enhancement (CIRCLE) programme funded by the Department for International Development (DfID). He is a senior lecturer and research fellow in the Department of Wildlife, Ecology and Conservation at the Chinhoyi University of Technology in Zimbabwe. The major research interests of Beaven are inland and coastal fisheries, fishing communities, climate change, aquaculture, aquatic ecology, water resources conservation and economics of small scale fisheries.
- Utete, B., & Tsamba, J. (2017). Trophic state categorisation and assessment of water quality in Manjirenji Dam, Zimbabwe, a shallow reservoir with designated multi-purpose water uses. Water SA, 43(2), 192-199.
- Utete, B., Tsamba, J., Chinoitezvi, E., & Kavhu, B. (2017). Analysis of the abundance and spatial distribution of the common hippopotamus,(Hippopotamus amphibius) in the Manjirenji Dam, Zimbabwe, to inform conservation and detect human–wildlife conflict hot spots. African Journal of Ecology.
- Utete, B. & MUPOSHI, V. 2012. Aspects of a Monosex Population of Oreochromis Niloticus Fingerlings Produced Using 17-α Methyl Testosterone Hormone. Journal of Aquaculture & Research Development, 3.
- BERE, T., PHIRI, C., KADYE, W. T. & UTETE, B. 2013. Benthic diatom assemblages in mountain streams: community structure in relation to environmental and human pressures. African Journal of Ecology, 51, 625-634.
- DANHA, C., UTETE, B., SOROPA, G. & RUFASHA, S. B. 2014a. Potential impact of wash bay effluent on the water quality of a subtropical river. Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 6, 1045.
- DANHA, C., UTETE, B., SOROPA, G. & RUFASHA, S. B. 2014b. Potential Impact of Wash Bay Effluent on the Water Quality of a Subtropical River. Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 2014.
- KUMBIRAI, M., UTETE, B., CHARITY, M., PATRICIA, M. & FORBES, K. 2013. Appropriateness of branding as a tourism resuscitation tool for Zimbabwe. American Journal of Tourism Management, 2, 47-54.
- MABIKA, N., MASIYA, T., UTETE, B., BARSON, M. & TSAMBA, J. 2015. Trace Metal Concentration in Two Matrices in an Urban Subtropical River. Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 7, 219.
- MSITELI-SHUMBA, S., KATIVU, S., UTETE, B., MAKUWE, E. & HULOT, F. D. 2018. Driving factors of temporary and permanent shallow lakes in and around Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe. Water SA, 44, 269-282.
- MUDZIWAPASI, R., MLAMBO, S. S., KUIPA, P. K., CHIGU, N. L. & UTETE, B. 2016. Potential Synchronous Detoxification and Biological Treatment of Raw Sewage in Small Scale Vermifiltration Using an Epigeic Earthworm, Eisenia fetida. Resources and Environment, 6, 16-21.
- MUPOSHI, V. K., UTETE, B., SITHOLE-NIANG, I. & MUKANGENYAMA, S. 2015. Active biomonitoring of a subtropical river using glutathione-S-transferase (GST) and heat shock proteins (HSP 70) in Oreochromis niloticus as surrogate biomarkers of metal contamination. Water SA, 41, 425-431.
- TARAKINI, T., SITHOLE, S., UTETE, B., MUPOSHI, V. K., MADHLAMOTO, D. & GANDIWA, E. 2018. Host preferences, spatial distribution and interaction of oxpeckers with wild ungulates in and around southern Gonarezhou National Park, Zimbabwe. Tropical Ecology.
- UTETE, B., MUTASA, L., NDHLOVU, N. & TENDAUPENYU, I. H. 2013a. Impact of Aquaculture on Water Quality in Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Aquaculture, 3.
- UTETE, B., NHIWATIWA, T., BARSON, M. & MABIKA, N. 2013b. Metal correlations and mobility in sediment and water from the Gwebi River in the Upper Manyame Catchment, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Water Sciences, 2.
- UTETE, B., TSAMBA, J., CHINOITEZVI, E. & KAVHU, B. 2017. Analysis of the abundance and spatial distribution of the common hippopotamus,(Hippopotamus amphibius) in the Manjirenji Dam, Zimbabwe, to inform conservation and detect human–wildlife conflict hot spots. African Journal of Ecology, 55, 754-759.
- VICTOR KURAUWONE, M., JUSTICE, M., UTETE, B., OLGA, K., SIMON, C. & TARAKINI, T. 2013. Activity Budgets of Impala (Aepyceros melampus) in Closed Environments: The Mukuvisi Woodland Experience, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Biodiversity, 2013, 1-8.